Start date: 17 May 2023
Duration: 1 day (9:30am - 5:00pm)
Cost: €159 for Members (€199 for Non Chamber Members)
Course code: N/A
This one-day interactive workshop delivered in-person looks at presentation as primarily a performance activity. The workshop is very practical and provides participants with a toolkit of skills and practices to enhance the effectiveness of any presentation.
The workshop draws on the knowledge and experiences of performers, actors, writers and successful presenters in a bid to show that anyone can be a compelling presenter with the right preparation and attitude.
The tutor, Gary Flood is an IITD / L&DI certified communications trainer and Executive & Leadership Coach. With a background in media as a television producer, director and scriptwriter, Gary has worked with, and written for, most of the best-known TV presenters in Ireland, including Pat Shortt, Kathryn Thomas, Marty Whelan, Deirdre O’Kane, Gay Byrne, Joe Duffy and Ray D’Arcy. In a former life Gary was an actor. All of this experience is brought to bear on his communications training interventions.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will:
• Have a good grasp of the importance and effectiveness of story-telling in presentation.
• Possess the tools to improve vocal and non-verbal (body language) presence.
• Practice the basics of presentation structure, preparation and delivery.
• Be able to stand and deliver a short presentation.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is perfect for anyone who presents to internal or external stakeholders.
• Using Your Voice
• Importance of Effective Body Language
• Audience engagement techniques
• Dealing with Nerves
• Presentation Structure
• Preparing & Practising Your Presentation
• Visual Aids
• Handling Q & A
• Presentation Delivery. (5 min practical exercise)