Start date: 07 March 2023
Duration: 7th, 9th & 14th - 9:30am - 12:00pm
Cost: €119 per person (Non Chamber & Network Members €159)
Course code: N/A
Email Marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing tools - but only if done correctly. Our training programme enables companies to understand the two key elements of effective email communication – targeted strategy and practical application.
Over the course of 3 workshops, participants will gain an understanding of how to effectively target their persona groups through email. They will understand the importance of developing personas, and then building their email marketing copy around specific persona needs & challenges.
They will gain a detailed understanding of using Mailchimp, from a technical, design and analytical perspective. Finally, they will understand the wider considerations of email marketing including database management and GDPR.
On completion of the training programme, participants will:
- Participants will have a much better understanding of the role that email marketing plays in their wider business strategy
- Understand how to apply best practice to all campaigns
- Appreciate the strategic role that persona understanding plays in targeted email campaigns
- Develop customer personas (using bespoke templates)
- Master Mailchimp, template design and gain insight on Mailchimp Analytics
Who Is This Course For?
This course is suited to anyone involved in Marketing, Sales.
Workshop 1 – Email Strategy & Best Practice
- An Overview of Digital Strategy & Important Principles
- Why Consider Email Marketing?
- Email Marketing Strategy & Best Practice
- A Review of the 5 Pillars of Email Marketing
- Understanding & Developing Customer Personas
Workshop 2 – Email Software, Database and Technical Management
- Overview of the primary email marketing systems
- Technical aspects to email marketing including correct set-up, setting up SPF, DKIM and DMARC records
- Tips to maximise inbox delivery including fonts, image size, personalisation
- Database management & import
- Email Lists, segments & custom fields
- Using sign-up forms
- Sending and testing email campaigns
- Using Mailchimp to manage targeted email campaigns
- A/B testing and tracking
- Best Practice on developing copy for email campaigns (including AI options)
- Developing newsletter designs (using Mailchimp & Canva)
- Understanding analytics on Mailchimp