Start date: 20 February 2024
Duration: 5 weeks - 20th Feb to 19th March. One lecture a week for 5 weeks, Tuesdays 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Certificate: Professional Diploma from UCD
Cost: €300 (Unsubsidised cost - €1,360)
Course code: N/A
The Professional Academy Diploma in Change Management will help you create environments where change is seen as a positive benefit to all. Supporting teams with empathy and optimism, change agents are increasingly focusing on workforce adoption levels and engagement metrics.
In this course, you will learn about tried and tested change models and how to apply them. The journey begins introspectively, understanding what it means to be a leader of change, and moves to leading others and successfully applying proven change models.
The course is suitable for those who have responsibility, participate in, or aspire to drive change in an organisation. This may include change agents, such as HR managers and project managers rolling out new initiatives, managers, supervisors, section heads, business owners and entrepreneurs or anyone aspiring for promotion to a management role
This course is designed for those who wish to learn how to communicate the opportunities and challenges presented by Artificial Intelligence in an informed and effective way. For those who wish to take on a leadership role driving implementation, or even just to understand how this technology will transform the nature of their work, this course will provide a guide for you in understanding both the theory and the real practical capabilities and implications of this technology.
On completion of the training programme, participants will:
- Discuss the theoretical underpinnings of managing change: its causes, effects and impacts, and their effects interpersonally.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of a range of change management models, and apply them to real-life contexts.
- Outline a range of effective strategies for managing change in real-life context and in relation to a range of stakeholders.
- Summarise key learning points.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development.
The course is suitable for those who have responsibility, participate in, or aspire to drive change in an organisation. This may include change agents, such as HR managers and project managers rolling out new initiatives, managers, supervisors, section heads, business owners and entrepreneurs or anyone aspiring for promotion to a management role.
Leading Change: Theory & Practice
Discover various change management models. Understand and manage the emotions that can present at different points of the change journey. Identify practical and useful strategies for implementing various change models.
- Understanding the change curve
- The process of transition
- Lewins change model
- Kotters 8 step theory
Learn about the concept of leadership, particularly in relation to self-development. Gain insights into developing your leadership capability through self-awareness, strategies for building resilience, and improving your communication.
- Leader and manager
- Practical steps for self-development
- The johari Window
- Effective communication
- Strategies to improve and build resilience
Understand the importance of your role as a people manager. Learn strategies to develop your leadership capabilities in order to successfully connect, engage, and lead people through change.
- Your role as a people manager
- Kitchen table discussions
- The five forces for high performance
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- The power of perspective
Common Barriers to Change
Explore common barriers to change and some of the reasons organisations
and individuals resist it. Learn the importance of employee engagement
and strategies to support people throughout the change journey.
- Resistence and barriers to change
- Change models
- Overcoming resistance and barriers
- Planning change using ADKAR
Identify factors necessary for successful change. Learn the traits of transformational leaders, examine the building blocks of mindset and behavioural change, and identify practical transition management activities for implementation.
- Success factors
- Managing the transition
- Tips for effective change
- Commin pitfalls
- McKinseys influence model